I hope and pray that all of you are doing well, Inshaa Allah.
We've had a wonderful week alhamdulillah! All the students were so excited about their animal presentations.
We are learning about Prophet Muhammed(s). If you have any stories to share please do send them along.
French: Gr.1 will have a French test onFriday,January29 , 2016. An email was sent.
Math: We are working on measuring time and money. Please help your child learn the names of the coins, perhaps you can let them give the change to the cashier when purchasing something.
Spelling: Students will have a spelling test Tuesday, Jan 26h Insha Allah.
The words are: man hit jump job jet hand big hug drop rest lamp did sun off ten at this run got lot
-please make sure that when you practice with your child they print neat.
-words will not be given in the order
Please use spelling city to practice for the spelling test #13.
You can use the the link below
* we completed lesson #14, pages 57-60
Reading: Students took a blue folder home with which have dolch words. Have them read the words marked once every day.
-Do not forget to use raz kids at home. I have placed a reading assignment under flight check for the students to read which is part of the weekly homework.
Science: We are wrapped up the unit on living things a project was sent home. Make sure your child starts to practice for their oral presentation.
Social studies: We are working on communities.
Writing:We are practising making simple sentences and sounding out words.
Art: please make sure that your child brings an old shirt to wear for Art. We will be painting.
Quran: Surah Ad-Duha 1-4.
* We are working on a play if you can please help your child learn their part. If you can also help them learn the following song "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQxC01BxJk"
* I would like to remind you that students need to come in proper uniform. Now that the weather is getting cold your child may need to wear a sweater in school please make sure that it is dark blue.
* I am making a reading closet for the students and need some donations I need a colourful curtain and any cushions that you no longer need. If you have any of these items please let me know.
* I had a parent donate some curtains masha Allah, now I need any cushions you no longer need please. Alahmdulillah I received some cushions but if any other parent can donate some that would be wonderful.